- Band 6
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week
- Royal Albert Edward Infirmary
- £31,365 - £37,890 per annum, pro rata plus on call payments
- 01/12/2020 23:59
Choose Well - Choose WWL
We are looking to recruit enthusiastic & dynamic pharmacists working 37.5 hours per week.
As a member of this busy but friendly team you will experience many core aspects of pharmacy practice. We operate with 2 dispensaries on 4 main sites and your rotation will allow you to experience a full range of clinical activities such as:
- Medicine including A&E, medical admissions , cardio-respiratory, older peoples care and gastroenterology.
- Surgery including ICU and Surgical Admissions.
- Orthopaedics including working at Wrightington Hospital where you will gain experience of anti-TNF therapy and Rheumatology. This hospital has an international reputation and the pharmacy team has significant involvement with consultants and nurse specialists to support and deliver this care.
- Oncology and Parenteral Nutrition.
- Medicines Information and medicines safety.
- Clinical trials.
We will provide training and support from our team of experienced Pharmacists.
As well as the clinical work, you will have commitments to the dispensary, will be expected to contribute to our 7 day working service and our on call service.
Pharmacists are part of an engaged and progressive Pharmacy team wanting to support our hospital areas where we help staff cope with the ever increasing elderly population and their complex needs.
The department is fully modernised and has ARX robot, EMIS software and has successfully implemented Allscripts Electronic Prescribing.
Candidates will be required to present original certificates for qualifications at interview stage.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- David Metcalfe
- Job title
- Principle Pharmacist
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Additional information
Jayne Dormand - Principal Pharmacist