Specialist Clinical Pharmacist - SAL
- Band 7
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week
- Royal Albert Edward Infirmary
- £38,890 - £44,503 per annum pro rata plus on call
- 26/11/2020 23:59
Choose Well - Choose WWL
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a clinical pharmacist to work on the Surgical Admissions Lounge and within the surgical division working 37.5 hours per week.
We are looking for a dynamic, innovative, enthusiastic and motivated pharmacist to work as part of the pharmacy team, providing clinical input to the trusts surgical division.
Key duties will include:
Act as a specialist practitioner and role model to the Surgical Admissions Lounge, managing the day to day pharmaceutical care of surgical patients. Advise and implement medications to patients prior to or following their surgery.
- Support the Surgical Principal Pharmacist, in the delivery of high quality pharmacy to other surgical wards.
- When required support other surgical areas such as Anaesthetics (e.g.ICU/HDU); Theatres, Paediatrics and Maternity, ENT, Urology, upper GI, colorectal, gynaecology & Ophthalmology.
- Developing the role of the pharmacist in the multi-disciplinary team at ward level including participation in ward rounds.
- Providing prescribing advice and support to medical and nursing staff.
- Provide education and training to pharmacists, be a mentor to diploma students and support other healthcare professionals.
- Participation in clinical audit, preparation of policies and procedures and involvement in risk management.
- Homecare and Biosimilar switch initiatives within division (?)
- Recruit, manage and appraise other members of the Surgical Pharmacy Team.
You will be a qualified prescriber or working towards with significant experience of surgical provision, you must have good communication, organisational and analytical skills, be a team player and will work closely with a wide range of health care professionals including medicines management technicians, rotational pharmacists and an advanced clinical pharmacist, as well as the wider MDT. You should have completed a diploma in clinical pharmacy or be working towards and have experience of working as an 8a Pharmacist.
We are currently involved in a Staff Engagement project to improve the way we work and are reviewing our in house training, aligning our CPD, appraisals and personal development plan to a nationally recognized competency framework.
The department is fully modernised and has ARX robot, EMIS software and has successfully implemented All scripts Electronic Prescribing in the last 4 years.
Wrightington Wigan and Leigh Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is situated closely to the major conurbation of Manchester & Liverpool and is accessible from M6 & M61 which run close by. Wigan is also well served by rail and bus.
The role will require you to work across all areas in the Trust which includes those that are designated as positive, asymptomatic and negative COVID wards.
Candidates will be required to present original certificates for qualifications at interview stage,
Please note this vacancy may close earlier than the specified closing date if a high volume of applications are received.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Jayne Dormand
- Job title
- Principal Pharmacist
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01942 256205
- Additional information